A Pookie Contest (Also known as Lil Miss CP but this name is very rare) is when a penguin makes their igloo be like a fashion show, just that the fashion show is for pookies. The person who made the show tells them what to dress like and more. The winner pookie usually gets to stay at the show iggy and be "adopted" (or "picked"), althought sometimes the prize is an uppie, wista or a broder (only at mumu contests). These pookie contests are mostly found in the servers Ice Berg (for most non-members) or Blizzard (for most members). The person who normally hosts one is officially named a "Missy moo" (Mother) and it is rarely seen that a pookie show is hosted by a duh duh (Father). The host is also called a "Missy Moo" or a "Mr Moo". When pookies lose, they are likely to be very upset and be given Golden Elmos or other treats by the host. There are 6 types of contests.
A rooms contest is extremely rare. You may only see a few of these in your entire pookieing time. The igloo has a few rooms, (usually themed a color e.g. Red, Blue and Green. The mumu will call "Line up!" and says to pookies "blue room!" next pookie, "green room!" next pookie, "red room!" then she walks around and says "red room is in!" "green room is in!" "blue room is out sorry!"
- Pros: Very very quick and understandable, goes faster than a chair contest (because more pookies get out at one time)
- Cons: If there is a good costume and a not-so-good costume in a room, the host will have trouble deciding. Also, under these circumstances, pookies may not understand why they are out if they had a good costume.
Chair ContestSince the update for multiple igloos and no "leave and come back", this is by far the most popular contest. Usually, there is around 5-30 chairs. The Pookies sit on these chairs and dress up to the theme. They usually dance on it when they are ready with their outfits. The Mumu/Duh Duh then takes away the chairs of the pookies modelling the outfits she doesn't like, therefore the pookie without a chair is "out".
- Pros: You don't need to walk around going "in, in, out, in," and in fact will usually make other people upset
- Cons: Sometimes a pookie will try to sit on an extra chair. You may need to remove the extra chairs. Also, pookies that are out may get mad and sit on other pookies' chairs. This can cause a lot of drama in the long run and pookies may leave because of it.
There are two ways for this type of contest.
Way 1 The mumu/duh duh will have a runway, some clothes racks and a table. (S)he sits at the table and watches the pookies. (S)he calls 'In!' or 'Out!'. If (s)he calls out, you're out. If (s)he calls in, you're in. And if (s)he calls winner, you win!
- Pros: No extra "chairs" so they will leave straight away. It's faster than the other contests because it's straight forward.
- Cons: Sometimes pookies get confused on who she is talking to, or the mumu or duh duh will forget who is out, because there are no chairs.
Way 2 The pookies will have dressing rooms, and the famfam will have a sitting area,with couches,chairs and tables. The host will give a theme, the pookies will dress accordingly. Once their done, the pookies will line up behind the runway. Once all the pookies are ready, the host will say "Go!" (or something similar). Points are often given on the basis of costume and details. (S)he will then say a score, for example, 8. (S)he will note this down either in real life or on a program like notepad. Usually,the winner is the one with the highest wins, but sometimes, the total scores might be added using a program like Calculator.
- Pros: Clean and organized, and also, points are given on a fair basis.
- Cons: Some pookies may fight over their positions before they go on the runway.
In or Out
Way 1 The mumu will call Line up! and say 'in' or 'out'.
- Pros: It goes rather quickly if the pookies aren't budging each other.
- Cons: It's kind of slow sometimes. Also, pookies may get confused on who she is talking to, as it can be hard to tell who is in which area in the line.
Way 2 She will have a chair and the pookie will have a chair. She will go along the lines of chairs and say in or out.
- Pros: You can see who is in and out more easily than Way 1.
- Cons: This is less common and some pookies may not understand what she is doing unless their chairs are gone.
Pookies will sit anywhere they want, usually far apart from each other, so there is not as much confusion. Then the host will throw snowballs at pookies. Normally, getting hit with a snowball means you are out.
- Pros: It is rare for much drama to happen. Also, no igloo editing is required.
- Cons: A toss might miss, and then pookies may become confused. Also, some pookies will think you are hurting them by throwing something at them.
This type of contest is very rare. If you're a pookie for about ten years, chances are that you'll see only one of these. These are really different from the other contests. The pookies sit in seats, and the mumu and famfam (if there is one) will have a sitting area, consisting of couches, chairs and sometimes even tables. The sitting area is often "marked off" from the other areas with laser beams, flowers, or any rod-like furniture items. The host will give a theme, and pookies will dress accordingly. But instead of the host choosing who's in or out, The mumu will call out each pookie and ask them who they think should be out. The chairs will usually be arranged in a straight line, so the pookies don't get confused. Otherwise, the host will call out their usernames or throw a snowball at them, asking them for the vote.
- Pros: Pookies can directly tell who they want to be out.
- Cons: A pookie might get mad if another pookie votes against them and it might be confusing if the pookie's name had a lot of numbers.
These are extremely rare contests. It may work 2 ways: Whoever gets the letter is out, or if they get the letter they're in. You may see none of these in your whole pookieing career. The mumu could send any letter.
Pros: Quick, and the mumu can tell who is lying since they sent the letter.
Cons: A pookie's mailbox may be full or the host may run out of coins.
A mumu might forget who she sent a postcard to.
A Letter Contest is a very rare sight as they are very difficult to explain and pookies sometimes prefer easier, more simple contests. Because of their rarity, there most likely never performed as it seems fussy and difficult but good if you want to tell the truth.
Winning a Pookie Contest
In pookie contests the Missy Moo (aka the mumu) running the contest may have preferences or want to pick a specific person. Mostly they want to pick the cutest ones who look like a diva. If you want to win the contest you have to be prepared and see what type of mumu it is.
If a pookie does win the contest the igloo will probably change into the regular home igloo and the fam-fam (the winner's wista's/borders, winners biggie wista/border and uppies and kitties as well as mumu/duh duh) will continue as normal.
Unfortunately the favoritism may hurt other pookies or make them feel left out and leave as they're may be too many diva pookies or rare pookies there. Sometimes, just wearing something the mumu doesn't like can get you out on the first round.
Its pretty hard to win a pookie contest because diva's and sometimes MELD's may come and because they are a diva or MELD or Rare pookie may get chosen over others.
Sometimes, a mumu or duhduh will tell all the pookies to read their newspapers, then the mumu will ask the famfam who they think should be out. This usually only happens on the final round. This is fair because the famfam gets a say in who their new sibling will be, but if a famfam member accidentally throws a snowball at the person who they want to win, the person will see that they have the snowball when they close their newspapers.
List of Themes
The mumu/duh duh will pick a theme, something that describes what the pookies should dress as.
Example - If the mumu/duh duh were to say 'christmas', the pookies will dress in a Christmas-related outfit.
Sometimes, a pookie will ask for a theme.
Example 1 - "Missy, can theme be Western?"
Example 2 - "Hopes/wopes/hwopes camping!"
Sometimes the mumu/duh duh will pick pookies to pick a theme.
- Any color
- Twins (pookies will pair up and dress the same)
- Any type of silly or random
- Any season (Fall, Summer, Spring, Winter)
- Rainy day
- Cosplay as a character
- Royal / Medieval
- Any color